How to Stay Sane While Working From Home


Working from home is one of the best things I've been blessed with in my career - I choose my hours and I get to do everything from my bedroom. But that isn't always a good thing. It's hard to stay sane when you're working long hours from home and you don't even get a chance to go outside because it gets dark at 4pm. Sound familiar?

Every time someone who has a job they have to go to talks to me about my job, they always tell me how lucky I am that I don't have to get into uncomfortable clothing every day, or that I don't have a boss telling me what to do. Yeah, but at least you get to go somewhere. It's amazing being my own boss, and I wouldn't change it for the world. But sometimes I miss the interaction and fresh air (that I sometimes go days without) and it's unhealthy for me to live like this.

Plan your day 


Have a plan and stick to it. Set an alarm and wake up when it goes off (okay, maybe snooze it once or twice) but as long as you're wide awake before 8am, you're good to go. Until recently, I played every day by ear and it put me in a rut I couldn't get out of.  I would properly wake up at 8:30am, eat breakfast and then watch an episode of something (don't do this, it isn't going to increase your motivation). It would be past 11am before I actually had the chance to start my work, and even then I seemed to feel distracted because I usually stay in my pyjamas all day and bath/shower in the evening. Not a good idea, which brings me to my next point...

Shower in the morning


Always do this - it'll refresh you and get you ready for the day. Showering or having a bath in the evening may be nice, but there's nothing that's going to wake you up more than a shower in the morning. 

Join a club


Sign up for something that's going to force you out of the house. For me, it was the gym. I found myself not getting any exercise at all; I was starting to put on more weight and I felt tired all the time. Two weeks ago I decided that was going to change. I now go to the gym 3-4 days a week and I even walk 15 minutes to get there so I'm losing the excess weight in the process. I killed two birds with one stone (but not literally because I'm vegan). 

Meal prep


In the past, I have made my lunches at home as I work - bad idea! Making lunch takes time, and by the time my food was cooked and eaten, I was unmotivated to get back into work mode. Now, I make sure I meal prep at least 3 days in advance so when I'm hungry I can put my food straight in the microwave and get back to work. My favourite meal to prep is pasta with tofu. So good!

Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions for future blog posts. I am also happy to answer any questions about veganism you may have.
đź’“ Phoebe xoxo 

Comments

Popular Posts

Phoebe's books

Tell Me Everything
The First Day of Spring
So That Happened: A Memoir
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
They Both Die at the End
Never Fall for Your Fiancée
The Lucky Escape
Two Metres From You
Dating Dr. Dil
Lockdown on London Lane
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Me Before You
The Switch
Legendborn
The Road Trip
Book Lovers
How to Kill Your Family
You and Me on Vacation
A Not So Quiet Christmas


Phoebe Diana's favorite books »