Free From Italy Review

As an Italian girl, I knew that the thing I was going to miss the most when I decided to go vegan was Italian food. Food from Italy is highly centred around meat, so I was concerned about which of my favourite dishes I was going to be able to continue to enjoy as a veg head.

Luckily, I came across Free From Italy. They stock many amazing vegan versions of Italian food from pasta, to pesto, to lasagne sauce. I got in contact and told them I loved the idea of their business and would love to try out some food to tell you guys about!

They sent me Free From Organic Gnocchi with Quinoa, Green Basil Pesto, and Red Sundried Tomato Pesto. I had no idea what food I was being sent and when I found out, I was instantly nervous. I've never tried gnocchi and I'm not a massive fan of pesto - probably not the best start!

I searched the internet for a recipe where I could incorporate these 3 ingredients... later finding out they have a recipe on their website - duh!

I cooked the gnocchi and made a sauce out of passata, one teaspoon of green pesto and two teaspoons of red pesto. Initially, I thought the food looked really yummy and I was super proud of the way it looked (see pic - top of the page).

To my surprise, I didn't enjoy the food much. The sauce was okay, but I really wasn't a fan of gnocchi - the texture was extremely slimy and not enjoyable, but that could've totally been my fault. Maybe I overcooked them.

However, don't be put off by me not liking it! Both my brothers, sister and mum enjoyed my creation. But I would say that the gnocchi definitely has an acquired taste and I would recommend it to try.

If you're interested in buying some food from Free From Italy click here.

Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions for future blog posts. I am also happy to answer any questions about veganism you may have.

đź’“ Phoebe xoxo 

**This post is NOT sponsored, however, I was sent the products for free to try out. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Phoebe's books

Tell Me Everything
The First Day of Spring
So That Happened: A Memoir
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
They Both Die at the End
Never Fall for Your Fiancée
The Lucky Escape
Two Metres From You
Dating Dr. Dil
Lockdown on London Lane
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Me Before You
The Switch
Legendborn
The Road Trip
Book Lovers
How to Kill Your Family
You and Me on Vacation
A Not So Quiet Christmas


Phoebe Diana's favorite books »