My Goals for 2018

Happy new year everyone! It's great to be in a brand new year, something about it feels fresh, and I'm excited about what 2018 is going to bring. I'm going to look back at this blog post every few months to see if I've achieved any of them and hopefully this time next year I would've achieved all of them. Here's to 2018! I hope it's a great one.

Learn that obstacles aren't a bad thing.

Whenever I come across an obstacle I automatically go into "stress" mode, and not the good kind of stress that gets you motivated to do something about it; it's the kind of stress that makes your head explode into tiny little bite-sized pieces.

In The New Yorker, Author Elif Batuman says:
 "For you, every setback is an advantage, an opportunity for learning and glory. When a difficulty comes your way, you should feel proud and excited, like 'a wrestler whom God, like a trainer, has paired with a tough young buck.'" 
Successful people look for obstacles, however unsuccessful people do whatever they can to avoid them. I need to learn to look for them and tackle them down hard and brilliantly.

Figure out a permanent work situation. 

I currently work from home as an online copywriter and blogger. I really do love it, but at the same time, I want more. I crave more. I want a "go to" job within writing and to do my freelancing as a side hustle. This year I hope to build my confidence enough to do this. I'm only young and it's okay to experiment until I find something I want to do forever.

Buy a car.

I FINALLY passed my driving test in September after a little over 2 years of lessons (I know, I know) but I got there in the end. 2018 is the year I want to buy a car, I want more freedom to go places. My boyfriend lives half an hour away from me and it would be so much easier to see him if I could just get in my car and visit him a few evenings a week. Right now it's up to him to come and see me as he has the car and I feel bad, so I want and need to do this.

Read (at least) 6 books. 

I went through a phase of reading loads. I really got into the Harry Potter books and whenever I had any free time, my head would be stuck inside. However, because of Christmas, I was thrown off of my reading path a little bit. I'm willing to try again this year as I really do think it's important, especially as a writer. On top of that, I just love the magic of Harry Potter and how it makes my imagination run wild.

Go to my first blogging event. 

I was actually invited to an event last year but I decided not to go because I didn't feel ready enough to go to London by myself and be around new people. That will change this year, though. I will go to an event, even if I don't end up talking to anyone. Just the fact I made it there is a big enough win for me. I'm going to own my anxiety.

What are your goals for 2018?


Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions for future blog posts. I am also happy to answer any questions about veganism you may have.
đź’“ Phoebe xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts

Phoebe's books

Tell Me Everything
The First Day of Spring
So That Happened: A Memoir
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
They Both Die at the End
Never Fall for Your Fiancée
The Lucky Escape
Two Metres From You
Dating Dr. Dil
Lockdown on London Lane
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Me Before You
The Switch
Legendborn
The Road Trip
Book Lovers
How to Kill Your Family
You and Me on Vacation
A Not So Quiet Christmas


Phoebe Diana's favorite books »