1. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?Not anymore, the only time I did that was the year I found out
2. Are you any good at wrapping presents?Absolutely not. My wrapping is an absolute shambles every year. I used to ask my Mum to wrap my presents (minus hers of course) but now I just wing it. Everyone knows I'm bad at it so they know to not get their hopes up. Don't expect a wrapping up guide from me!
3. What is your favourite Christmas film?The Santa Claus 2. I love the first one but this is the film I always remember watching growing up. I think it's so festive and I can't wait to watch it this year! Although, the toy Santa used to give me the creeps when I was younger. Tim Allen does not suit the plastic look!
4. What's your favourite Christmas song?I have a few, but my top 3 are definitely:
- Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney
- The Power of Love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- Last Christmas - Wham!
5. Where do you usually spend Christmas?I usually spend it at home, I don't think I've ever spent it at anyone else's house. My Nonna used to come over to spend Christmas but now it's just my Mum, myself and my siblings. It's a nice, festive Christmas spent with my closest family members - I wouldn't change it.
6. Do you like giving gifts or receiving them?Honestly, both. I like giving them, of course. But I get extremely nervous watching someone open a gift that I bought. What if they hate it? On the other hand, I also get nervous opening a gift someone else has got me in front of them. What if I hate it and have to lie to spare their feelings?
7. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?Spending time with family while feeling festive. Christmas is my happiest day of the year and I like to make sure I spend it with the people that matter most.
8. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?After my birthday (September 19th). It might sound a little early but why not get festive early? It's a happy time, and it doesn't harm anyone.
9. What would be your dream place to visit for the Christmas season?I'd love to go to The Inn at Christmas Place. It's a hotel located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee that celebrates Christmas all year round. I often oogle at the website as the rooms look amazing and they also get weekly visits from Santa! I want to stay in the Santa Suite, it looks insane!
10. Do you make New Years resolutions? How good are you at keeping them?I don't usually, but in 2015 I made one to stop eating meat in the new year. And I successfully did it! The way I managed to keep it at first was by telling everyone, that way I had the fear of letting people down if I don't do it. Obviously now I realise that cutting meat out was the best thing I ever did, and I don't need people to motivate me anymore.
I tag everyone who reads this and has a blog to do the tag. Join in on the festivities!
Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions for future blog posts. I am also happy to answer any questions about veganism you may have.
💓 Phoebe xoxo